In an effort to provide our residents with a higher level of customer service, the Borough of Orwigsburg now accepts credit and debit card payments for water, sewer, and trash service.
The Borough utilizes the services of MuniciPAY with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or e-check. Effective October 1, 2016 the user fee of 2.65% or $3.00 will be assessed per transaction, whichever is greater. The fee for e-check is $1.50.
The Borough does not collect, receive or retain any portion of the service fees. The fees are charged by MuniciPAY in order to provide the service. MuniciPAY is an electronic payment processing option currently used by local Schuylkill County municipalities designed specifically for local government and utility agencies.
Customers may continue to pay by cash, check or money order at Borough Hall Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, checks may be mailed to Borough Hall at 209 North Warren Street, Orwigsburg, PA 17961, or deposited in our 24/7 Drop-Off Box located on the front outside wall of Borough Hall.
Questions concerning our new payment options may be directed to email@example.com or calling Borough Hall at 570.366.3103.
Utility Billing Policy
- Water meters are read at the end of March, June, September & December
- Utility bills are mailed on the 15th of January, April, July, October.
- Utility bills are due 30 days after the billing date.
- If not paid, 7 days after the due date, a letter is mailed requesting payment.
- If still not paid, 10 days after the date of the first letter, a second certified letter is mailed informing the customer their service may be shut-off if not paid within 7 days of the date of the second letter.
- Delinquent accounts that are two quarters behind will be posted with a Shut Off Notice. Customers have 10 days after the Shut-Off Notice to pay the delinquent amount before their service will be Shut-Off. Shut offs will not occur on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- Vacant properties will have a lien filed.